Internship Program at Jinnah Institute
Jinnah Institute invites young individuals interested in enhancing their professional experience to apply for the Institute’s rigorous internship program. The internships assist JI’s Open Democracy and Strategic Security initiatives.
Jinnah Institute’s Open Democracy Initiative focuses on democratic ideals such as the right to information, transparency in public contracts, the right to religious freedom, social entitlements and the provision of justice. This program also builds awareness and capacity for better governance in Pakistan’s institutions, and advocates for expanding a diminished state writ in areas where parallel, colonial structures restrict access to fundamental entitlements, such as universal suffrage and equal citizenship rights.
The Strategic Security Initiative articulates independent national security strategies for Pakistan that incorporate the country’s strategic imperatives, while providing room for the voices of important actors such as civil society, media and academics who have been marginalized from this discourse. The program also seeks to provide platforms to these groups for constructive engagement with the international community and policy and opinion makers on issues of national security.
The 3-month internship program is designed to give young professionals an opportunity to develop their research skills, have first hand exposure to policy formulation and debate in addition to working in a high-pressure environment.
For both the programs interns are tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Reviewing literature and legislation relevant to Strategic Security and Open Democracy Initiatives;
- Contributing substantial input to the development of work plans, research questions and concept notes;
- Facilitating the coordination of project activities, including field research and in-house events;
- Assisting the writing, editing and publishing of research reports, briefing notes, policy papers and other publications;
- Writing one or more policy papers for the SSI or ODI programs.
Applicants are requested to send their resume, along with a covering letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org .